Sunday 21 October 2012

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

I love nothing more than a good movie, and I especially love nothing more than when I see the trailer for a movie that instantly grabs my attention and curiosity.

Over the weekend I saw Paranormal Activity 4 at the cinema; yes, the film petrified me. I think I get some kind of sick thrill from having the wits scared out of me. But when I saw it, the trailer for "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" was shown and I actually can't wait for the movie to be released in January 2013.



In a nutshell, the movie follows on from the the Brother's Grimm tale of Hansel and Gretel who were kidnapped by a witch fifteen years previous and, fast forward fifteen years, Hansel and Gretel are now vengeful witch hunters, intent on ridding the world of witches.

Hansel and Gretel are portrayed by Jeremy Renner (The Avengers, The Bourne Legacy) and Gemma Arterton (Prince of Persia, Quantam of Solace) respectively, and, judging from the footage featured in the trailer, it seems that the casting was a perfect choice. Renner is super familiar with action flicks; the last two movies he featured in have been hugely successful action movies, but Arterton hasn't really had much experience with action movies, but she seems to have settled into the role effortlessly. I'm excited for this movie!


Below is the trailer for the movie; check it out and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment