Friday 19 October 2012

Halloween's a-coming!

Halloween is my favourite season of the whole year! I look forward to it more than Christmas, birthdays, Easter, etc. I absolutely love it and have done for as long as I can remember. Although it doesn't hold any sentimental value to me like a birthday does, or even Christmas, there is something about it that I love!

What I really love is walking into stores, such as Tesco or Asda, and seeing the amazing displays of Halloween stock that they feature and seeing all the different costumes, decorations and sweets that they have to offer! In my house I am the instigator of anything Halloween related and am always pushing for some extravagant Halloween party, like you see in American movies.

Movies is something else that I love about Halloween. There is only one film that I need to watch on Halloween and that is the CLASSIC "Hocus Pocus". It's most definitely one of the best Halloween films ever made and Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker (pre-Sex and the City) and Kathy Najimy as the Sanderson Sister's are perhaps among the best witches ever!



I guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy dressing up for the occasion, wouldn't I? Just like every other 21 year old out there who enjoys a good time, Halloween also signals the one time in the year where adults can dress up in all manner of horrors, go out, get off their face, and laugh about it the following morning. Also, to quote Mean Girls:

"In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it"

So yes, I'm extremely excited about Halloween this year! I have my outfit sorted and have my plans arranged, now I just need the day to arrive. Also, payday falls on Halloween this year; a double cause for celebration!

How does everyone else feel about Halloween? Cause for celebration or cause for concern?


No comments:

Post a Comment