Thursday 6 December 2012

When did River Island get so amazing?!

When I was Christmas shopping in Merry Hill yesterday, I paid a visit to their River Island store as my local store is pretty bad in comparison to bigger city stores. Normally I walk around, spend about five minutes looking at what River Island has to offer and then walk out, completely underwhelmed by what they have to offer. Yesterday was a different story entirely.

I found so many things in there that I wanted and I could have easily spent about £100 if I had that kind of money to spend so freely. Sadly, I don't, so I'll just have to settle for oggling until payday. I'm also hoping that the stuff I want goes into the sale after Christmas; that would be fab!


The first item on my want list is this cool, khaki with leather-look sleeved jacket. It's taken a classic, vintage style jacket and reinvented it with the on-trend leather sleeves. Beautiful, but perhaps slightly overpriced.


RI leather sleeved khaki jacket, £65


My second item to accompany the above jacket is a t-shirt emblazoned with the Queen of my world, Rihanna. I think it would look perfect perhaps a tad oversized and could be worn underneath a shirt, over a pair of jeans and maybe tucked into a pair of shorts in the summer. I'm not usually a fan of tee's that plaster musicians all over them, but this RiRi tee is a must!


RI Rihanna tee, £20

The final item from River Island that I need in my life is this pair of blue skinny jeans. As soon as I saw these jeans in store I fell in love with them. I love, love, LOVE them. I think it's the colour I love the most; I don't own a pair of skinny jeans this colour, which I think is why I love them so much. I also have so many other items of clothing I could wear with them; I have a burgundy jumper and a pair of studded brown biker boots that would go perfectly with them! I also think they're insanely cheap for River Island, only costing £25!


RI Limited Edition skinny jeans, £25

So they're the items I have my heart set on from River Island, but there's so many other's that I could have added to this list. I may drop some very subtle hints to my family on ideas for Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment